第一节 (共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分)
例：How much is the shirt?
A. £ 19.15. B. £ 9.18. C. £ 9.15. 答案是C。
- When will the man meet Dr. Jones?
A. At 3:30 p.m. B. At 3:00 p.m. C. At 11:00 a.m.
- Whose name is Betsy?
A. Carla’s pet. B. Carla’s car. C. Carla’s grandma.
- What are the speakers doing?
A. Painting a house. B. Cleaning walls. C. Drawing a picture.
- Where does the conversation most probably take place?
A. In a shop. B. In a library. C. On a bus.
- What does the man mean?
A. The Larsens were not in. B. The Larsens didn’t hear the door.
C. The Larsens don’t like the woman.
- What is the probable relationship between the speakers?
A. Strangers B. Classmates. C. Colleagues.
- What are the speakers mainly discussing?
A. What to say to Karen Jenkins. B. Whether to hire an employee.
C. How to advertise a product.
- What did the woman use to be like?
A. Sporty B. Artistic. C. Sociable.
- What has the woman taken up recently?
A. Basketball. B. Yoga. C. Painting.
- Why did the man go downtown yesterday?
A. To send a package. B. To buy clothes. C. To visit a friend.
- What is the woman’s attitude toward Martin’s closing?
A. Supportive. B. Surprised. C. Sorry.
- What did the woman like about Martin’s?
A. Huge selection. B. Good service. C. Low prices.
- How often will the man be available to work?
A. No more than two evenings a week.
B. At least three evenings a week.
C. Up to three evenings a week.
- Why does the man apply for a part-time job?
A. To earn money. B. To gain work experience. C. To improve his social skills.
- What is the man good at?
A. Solving problems. B. Working in a group. C. Communicating with people.
- What will the man do on September 10th?
A. Have a lesson. B. Meet the woman. C. Work for the community.
- What does the speaker probably do?
A. He’s a chairman. B. He’s a teacher. C. He’s a host.
- Why is the meeting held?
A. To elect a new chairman for students.
B. To discuss the plans after graduation.
C. To prepare for the graduation ceremony.
- What do the students present at the meeting have in common?
A. They are hard-working in study.
B. They are well-received in school.
C. They are experienced in work.
- What should these students do before the next meeting?
A. Get some good ideas. B. Break up into groups. C. Start to work on everything.